On Guard RV Boat Storage Policies
We collect only the personal information you voluntarily provide to deliver the best possible service. If you elect to process an online payment or online reservation, we ask you to provide information necessary to process your request, including, but not limited to, name, physical address, phone, facsimile, email address, company name, credit card number, expiration date, and 3-4 digit CVV2 code number on the back of the card. We collect your email address and mobile phone number so we can send you information about your transaction. The credit card information collected is used strictly for billing purposes.
No Sharing of Personal Information
On Guard RV Boat Storage does not sell or share our customer information.
All rental/ leasing transactions are final. Upon rental/ leasing of a vehicle storage unit/ space, the tenant is not entitled to a refund for any unused portion of the paid rental period.
Rules and Regulations
Wheel chocks and jack pads are required and are available. All non-motorized vehicles are required to have a minimum of two (2) wheel chocks surrounding vehicle wheels at all times, and all trailers must have a jack pad to protect your tongue jack and our facility surface.
We do not insure our customers’ property and despite our best efforts to provide a safe, secure environment, damage and theft insurance is the sole responsibility of our customer tenants.
No storage of vehicles, boats, trailers, etc is permitted except on a space rental lease agreement with On Guard RV Boat Storage. Any Unregistered or unknown vehicles or loose, unsecured items may be towed and/ or removed at tenants’ expense and without notice.
Cans are provided for BAGGED TRASH ONLY.
The facility speed limit is 10 MPH. No careless or reckless driving is permitted on the premises.
Access is exclusive to our customer tenants. Please notify management in advance if you are authorizing someone else to access your vehicle, boat or trailer. Failure to do so may result in their detention, arrest and other material inconveniences.
Visitors and guests are to be accompanied by customer-tenants at all times and are customer-tenants’ responsibility which includes proper entry and exit of premises and proper care of facility property. Children are to remain with and be supervised by parents at all times. Pets must be leashed and cleaned up after.
- Smoking and the use of alcohol;
- Signage and flags of any kind - excluding the American flag unless specifically authorized in advance by management;
- Overnight stays or any kind of attempted residency;
- Significant repair work (see FAQ page);
- Any living thing (plant or animal);
- Firearms and/or explosives;
- Flammables of any kind (fuels, lubricants, paint, etc); excluding propane tanks on RV’s and travel trailers;
- Hazardous items and/or waste material of any kind;
- Items that produce odors of any kind or are deemed inappropriate by the facility;
- Garage sales, auctions, flea market sales, or other public sales of any kind;
- Any item which detrimentally affects other customer tenants or the facility
Management reserves the right to determine inappropriate use or actions that can result in eviction and termination of rental agreement(s).